After feeling really shitty yesterday, I slept properly last night (hooray) which gave me a reset. Feeling well meant I could do all these things today (Double hooray):
- Yoga with Adriene – the best flipping person on the internet, and her dog Benjy hangs around in the frame.
- Breakfast properly at the table – reading The Observer Arts Supplements (fantasising about being featured).
- A Nice Bath – including conditioning my lockdown-hair (a now very grown-out undercut whose style destination is worrying ML – “I’ll cut it” she says. Me: “No, you don’t cut hair.” Her: “I’ll learn a new skill.”)
- Walk in sunny fields with ML, making sure to stroll under the raspberry-coloured blossom trees (keeping to SD rule obvs).
- Video call to our friend Gianni in Rome. He says we still have the naive optimism of early shutdown. Italy has been a month and is stricter: his body clock is shot, he’s eating and sleeping at strange times and doing nothing on his ‘to do’ list.
- Email students from school -giving feedback to LGBTQ pupils doing creative writing and touching base with 6th form Autism Base students, who I miss so much.
- Blog writing – in the attic – with Sefi, as always, in the chair next to me.
- Cook proper meal – spicy green lentils and rice since you asked.
- Watch Masterchef – cos it’s pure comfort viewing except that I have to look away every time there is butchery involved (often unfortunately, followed by serving up of bloody flesh).
- Meditation – I do this every night, often in the garden with Sefi running out after me, silhouetted in the moonlight as she leaps up onto the rooves.
Number 11. Staying a-freaking-wake for the night – “Just when I think I’m winning…” (David Sylvian). This was not on my to do list.